Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 563 Chirp! Chirp!

Look who was attending the BNDS College Fair-
my alma mater, Ball State University!  Chirp!  Chirp!

John and I had a lovely conversation- it was
so good just to talk with someone who knows
some of my OLD profs, and my old stomping grounds.
Naturally, I teared up as the slightest taste of home.

I think Ball State would be a GREAT school
for some of our kids :)

Go Cards!

Nearly 50 colleges and universities visited from all over
the world for the two day event.  Our juniors are now
beginning the process of shopping for schools. They
will make 10-15 applications to their top choices. Filling
out all of those applications, writing all those essays,
and continuing to retake the SATs, ACTs, and TOEFL is
a full time job in itself when they return in the fall.
Most will apply for Early Decision, to lock it down :)


And then, to my surprise, I ran in to IUPUI, too!
My eldest, Jennessa graduated from there, Carissa
attended there (but graduated from Ball State)
Michael graduated from Purdue, but graduated
from IU's Law School in Indianapolis, and my
Emily (also a BSU alum) served her master's level
 internship at the IUPUI Student Counseling Center
 last year.  Only Purdue was missing or I would have
had all of my kids covered here in the 'jing!
It was so much 'taste of home' that I had to
step out into the sunshine and collect myself.
There is still a definite chill in the air, but
you can finally begin to feel the warmth of
the sun.  Look at the gorgeous blue sky!

A PE class was out enjoying the school's
rock climbing wall- I am waiting to scale it
when my grand kids get here next month.
It's five stories tall!!!

As if the day couldn't get any better,
I got a laptop, working VPNs, all my
software, and all of my files back today!


I'm one step closer to happiest girl in China :)


G'nite, y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment