Friday, December 25, 2015

Day 482 Merry Christmas from the Maldives! Day 5 of vacay

Merry Christmas from Maafushi, Maldives!
We missed our early morning ride to our day at the
five start resort, so....
...we paid for a private go-fast boat to take us to Vadoo :)
And any day on the ocean, in a boat-
sailboat, powerboat, ferry, cruise ship-
it's going to be a VERY GOOD day!!!

The Maldives are dotted with exclusive resorts, with huts over
the water, off of private islands, that can be as much as
$25,000/night- for the Beckham's and Cruise's of the world.
Adaaran Prestige Resort was a mere $500/night- still
beyond my budget- but for $100/day we had the full
use of the resort, all the water sports, meals, and an
UNLIMITED BAR.  Remember, we got to the Maldives
not realizing that there was not a margarita or beer to
be found anywhere in this Muslim country!
But here, at Adaaran, it was worth $100 to eat
delicious food, drink delicious foo-foo drinks, and
wear a bikini without getting dinged by the local police.
It was our Christmas gift to each other :)
It was a gorgeous resort, with 'rooms' that were huts
out over the water....so beautiful :)
The island was all resort, and it was beautifully landscaped.
I swam in my first ever infinity pool :)

This was my 'spot' for the day...with a cabana boy at my
service, for drinks, mask, fins, and snorkel, fresh towels,
whatever my need...
...and this was my view.  Heavenly.

When I built my 'sand' snow(o)man as an ode to Christmas
Day, and I needed some sticks for her arms,
cabana boy went and cut some for me :)

And when this Sri Lankan cutie asked if she could help, I
could not resist.  Children are beautiful, all the world over.
When she decided our snowman was a snow(o)man,
and she needed a dress, cabana boy said he had an idea.
He came back with leaves and little sticks to fancy her a skirt :)
And this was "our" view the rest of the day!
Somebody enjoyed his fill of free beer....
Until he didn't.
So I took a walk about the island for awhile.
I snorkeled an incredible reef, that had an amazing wall dive.
I wish I had been on scuba.  Even at that though, I
probably saw twenty species of fish I have never seen before.
It was so beautiful, and freaking amazing!  

It was not a traditional Christmas dinner,
but it was delicious nonetheless :)
I needed a break from the sun, so I
treated myself to a two hour body massage.
Merry Christmas to me :)

Following afternoon tea, the resort did a
shark feeding off the docks.



After the shark feeding, the tide was receding, and the sun
was starting to go down.
It was a beautiful end to the day...

With the sun down, the twinkly lights came on, and
for a minute it started to feel like Christmas, after all.

We had a warm, breezy boat
ride back to Maafushi by
the light of a full moon :)

Merry Christmas, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment